Evelyn Kitson, Kathryn Bevier, Bill Klingensmith, Jan Towsley, Sherry Tulloch, Judy Gohringer, Valerie Larsen, Richard Margolis, Brittany Mendez and Alene Pierro attended this meeting.
- Val Larsen is retiring on 8/15. She is available to new volunteers to pass on her resources and knowledge! She will be teaching a Facebook/social media training session before she leaves (date TBA) to show us all how to post on the AAArtists page.
- We’d like to encourage as many members to post on our Facebook page as possible. Please email Val your Facebook account email address, so that she can make you an administrator. Post images, new work, events, workshops, etc.
- First Fridays this year will be advertised October through June
- We discussed that if SS does not fall in the same weekend as FF, then we could choose not have a two day event during the FF weekend to avoid extra advertising. This simplifies our message… “Open Studios FF and SS”
- We discussed how we can better leverage holiday buying season. We could be open every Saturday in December? Tabled for further discussion. Please send more ideas to Alene & Richard so we can bring them to the Fall meetings.
- Arti Gras could use a refresh (attendance is not as high as Holiday Gala). We could change the time of year and possibly change theme. We’d like to check with BOA to see how the music this year affected them. We could use more exciting entertainment.
- Other possible themes: college students in 3rd floor gallery and Richard's studio
- Artists can post their events/workshops on the website calendar whenever they like. Some discussion was mentioned about having separate tab on the website for workshops but this was met with some disapproval since it would have to be maintained by a website manager..
- Val will send out an email with the directions on posting events on the website calendar
- Bill Klingensmith will put together and forward us a short document about using hashtags to promote the Anderson Alley Artists. We may incorporate our hashtag into promotional materials.
- Jan will look into which organization the weavers guild is a member of that they find worth the investment
- Name change was discussed, but we will remain Anderson Alley Artists as it has history and recognition
- Sherry Tulloch, Treasurer, presented our forward balance. She is still going through the information she was given and needs membership cost history. She will then make a new proposal for membership dues that will need to be finalized before the September meeting. Possibly July? We will also discuss our membership in organizations ie: Arts Council, NOTA, Visit Rochester etc.
- We have volunteers!!! Thank you for your commitment! - Nancy Valle - Photographs of studios to post on FB
- Future meeting discussion points: - Holiday Gala will be discussed - consolidate into SS, have separate event, or be open every Saturday of the month?
- Kathryn Bevier will speak to Nancy to see if they can do social media together
- Bill Klingensmith will be the designer
- Jan will write the press releases and maybe free online calendar listings
-Alene to confirm with Disa Baylis that she will remain a contact for website host and interaction with web page designer
- Evelyn, Val, and Alene will meet to discuss and delegate the website work (Alene to invite Amy Flack as well)
- Sherry Tulloch- Treasurer
- Richard and Alene- Meeting Coordinator
WE STILL NEED VOLUNTEERS
-We need another volunteer to split website manager role with Evelyn
-We need someone to send in the ROCO announcement
- How to revamp Arti Gras - We need to establish an advertising schedule/deadline for artwork for postcards, etc.
- Must discuss organization memberships and advertising venues to determine membership dues
-i.e. Arts & Cultural Council, NOTA, Visit Rochester, etc.
Next Meeting: September 23 at 12pm in Richard’s studio (4-9).
There will be a Coordinating Committee meeting on July 29 at 12 pm where we will discuss membership dues and decide on several key advertisement budget questions. Please come to this if you are concerned with this topic.
Richard Margolis Art + Architectural Photography
250 North Goodman Street
Rochester, New York 14607